Transportation & Local Information
Welcome to Glendale, AZ! Use the information on this page for travel to and within Glendale and to enjoy the culture of Arizona and community of Glendale!
All conference activities & events will be held at the Renaissance Glendale Hotel and Spa at
9495 W. Coyotes Blvd., Glendale, AZ 85305
Information about Glendale, AZ
Getting to the meeting
Glendale is served by Phoenix International Airport. Ground transportation includes hotel shuttles and taxis.
View Larger Map
Shuttles, Taxis, Ground Transportation
- It is 21.8 miles from Phoenix Sky Harbor Airport to the Renaissance Glendale Hotel & Spa.
- Taxis - Taxi terminal access is as follows: Terminal 2: North curbside, Terminal 3: North curbside and Terminal 4: Level 1, north curbside.
- The following taxis are contracted to pick up passengers at Phoenix Sky Harbor :
- AAA Cab: (602) 437-4000
- Allstate: (602) 275-8888
- Discount: (602) 266-1110
- Rates remain the same regardless of company, number of passengers and number of bags. The first mile is $5. Each additional mile is $2.10. Each hour of a traffic delay is $21. The minimum fare is $15. Each per trip airport surcharge is $1.
- Get more information on pricing according to location here .
- Limousines offer airport-to-door service. For-hire limousines are available on the south curbs of Terminals 3 & 4 and just east of the north curb of Terminal 2. Rates vary according to destinations but typically range from $35 to $85.
- The following limousine services are contracted to pick up passengers at Phoenix Sky Harbor :
- Get more information on pricing according to location here .
- Scheduled Vans
- The SuperShuttle operates 24 hours on a scheduled basis, with vans departing every 15 minutes from 9 a.m. to 9 p.m. Call (602) 244-9000 for more information. For the telecommunications device for the deaf (TDD), please call (602) 243-7786.
- There is a SuperShuttle group discount of $2.00 off one-way or $4.00 off round trip discount on SuperShuttle ($21.00 per guest, per direction - Discounted rate). The group will receive the discount if reservations booked online ONLY (The group must use the code: 8ZWGY). The discount is valid between January 24-31, 2010.
- Van terminal access is as follows: Terminal 2: North curbside, Terminal 3: North and south curbside and Terminal 4: Level 1, north and south curbside.
- Bus System
- Valley Metro
- Location: 302 North First Avenue, Suite 700, Phoenix , AZ 85003
- Contact inforamtion: (602) 253-5000
- There is one bus that goes on Glendale Ave.: Bus 70. It is $1.75 per ride but there is an option to purchase an all-day pass. See website for more information. You will have about a 4-5 block walk from Glendale Ave to the hotel.
- Parking Garage – Self-parking is available in the city-run hotel garage for a max of $11 per day. Valet parking is with the hotel for $10 per day. The parking garage is your option for overnight parking.
- Westgate Lots – There are numerous Westgate lots near the hotel. Technically, hotel visitors are not supposed to park here. However, how this is policed is unknown since they can't tell if you are patronizing Westgate, the hotel, or both. Parking here is at your own risk. Do not use these lots for overnight parking.
Westgate - walking distance from hotel
- Outdoor shopping, with many restaurants and a 20 AMC Movie Theater
- Easy access to University of Phoenix stadium & Jobbing.com arena
Cabela's – just across Glendale Ave from Westgate
Store Hours in Mountain Time:
- Monday - Friday: 9:00 AM - 9:00 PM
- Saturday: 8:00 AM - 9:00 PM
- Sundays: 10:00 AM - 6:00 PM
Historic Downtown Glendale - 59th Avenue & Glendale Road
Walking map of Historic downtown Glendale
Downtown Glendale is about 4 miles away from Westgate. There is a bus that runs up and down Glendale Avenue . It is Bus 70. It is $1.75 per ride but there is an option to purchase an all-day pass. See Web site for more information (phone: 602.253.5000). You will have about a 4-5 block walk to Glendale Ave from the hotel.
Arizona Bead Museum - Located in Historic Downtown Glendale
5754 W. Glenn Avenue; (623) 931-2737
- Wednesday, Friday & Saturday 10am-5pm
- Thursday 10am-8pm
- Sunday 11am-4pm
- Closed Monday & Tuesday
- Adults $5.00
- Children 4-12 - $2.50
Cerreta's Chocolate Factory - Located in Historic Downtown Glendale
5345 W. Glendale Avenue (@53rd Ave & Glendale Avenue); (623) 930-9000
- Free tours from 10am-1pm, 30 minutes, weekdays
- Open Monday – Saturday 8am-6pm
Park West Mall - 1 mile North of Westgate – 91th Ave & Northern
Outdoor shopping center with many restaurants and a Harkin's movie theater.
Glendale Twilight Farmers Market - Located in parking lot of Citadelle Plaza, 19420 N. 59th Ave.
- When Wed, January 27, 2010, 4pm – 7pm
- Indoor shopping mall with many stores, restaurants and AMC movie theater, includes Dillards, JC Pennys, Sears & Macy's.
Deer Valley Rock Art Center
- Hours: Tuesday – Saturday 9am – 5pm; Sunday – 12pm noon to 5pm
- Adults - $7
- Seniors (64+) - $4
- Students (with ID) - $4
- Children (6-12) - $3
- Children (5 and under) – free
- 10% discount on admission for AAA Members
- Group tours (6 or more; offered every day) - Tour lasts 1.5 hours
- Adults $6.50
- Seniors (62+) $3.50
- Students $3.50
- Children (12 & younger) $2.50
- Adults will participate in two activities (children can do an optional third activity):
- Visit to petroglyph site/nature preserve (40 minutes)
- View exhibits (20 minutes)
- (OPTIONAL: Children Only) Make clay petroglyphs that kids take home (20 minutes)
- Be Prepared!
- Instruct everyone to wear comfortable, closed-toe shoes, sunscreen and hats, and to bring water.
- Select one person to collect the entire group's payment and be prepared to pay upon arrival. Payment may be in the form of cash (please try to avoid change), check, credit card (Visa, MasterCard, American Express) or purchase order.
- If you are bringing more than 30 people, plan to divide the group into smaller groups upon arrival.
- The Center is now offering tours in Spanish!
White Tanks Mountains - White Tank Mountain Regional Park
- Hours: Sunday-Thursday 6am-8pm; Friday-Saturday 6am-10pm
- Trails close at sunset
- Address and contact information: 13025 N. White Tank Mountain Road, Waddell , AZ 85355; (623) 935-2505
- White Tank Mountain Regional Park offers approximately 25 miles of excellent shared-use trails, ranging in length from 0.9 mile to 7.9 miles, and difficulty from easy to strenuous. Overnight backpacking, with a permit, is allowed in established backcountry campsites. Day hikes can provide some breathtaking views of the mountains and panoramas of the Valley below. Horseback and mountain bike riders are welcome, although caution is stressed as some of the trails may be extremely difficult.
- In addition, there are 2.5 miles of pedestrian-only trails. These include two short trails that are hard-surfaced and barrier free. Waterfall Trail is barrier-free for 5/10 of a mile. The handicap accessible portion now ends about 1/10 of a mile past Petroglyph Plaza. The short loop of Black Rock Trail, which is about 1/2 mile long, begins at Ramada 4
- Self-guided tour
- Directions: Take I -10 west 18 miles to Hwy 303. North on Hwy 303 to Olive. West 4 miles on Olive to the White Tank Mountain Regional Park entrance. Or take Olive West until it runs into the White Tanks Mountain Regional Park entrance. Click here for a map.
We encourage you to contact April Aguiñaga and Jeannie Roehrs (602-344-5197 and 602-263-1676, respectively), Co-Chairs of the Hospitality/Local Arrangements Committee, with any questions you may have.