Posted on July 25, 2012 by Lisa Federer | No Comments
Providence is calling a Part Time Library Assistant to Providence Saint Joseph Medical Center in Burbank, CA.
We are seeking a Library Assistant, Part Time, for our Burbank facility.
In this position you will:
- Perform a broad of range functions for the department including patron registration, interlibrary loans, and basic office functions. This position reports to the Manager of Library Services.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- 2 years library experience
- Excellent computer skills including: word processing, spreadsheets, internet searching, database usage
- Excellent organizational and communication skills; ability to shift priorities
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Previous Medical Library experience, specifically in a hospital setting
- Familiarity with DOCLINE and PubMed computer programs
- Experience with audio-visual equipment including LCD projectors
- Experience with website development
- Certification as a Library Assistant/Technician
About the hospital you will serve.
Providence Saint Joseph Medical Center in Burbank, CA, is a 414 bed acute care facility, known for its state-of-the-art technology and high quality, compassionate care, has provided the full range of diagnostic, treatment, care and support services for the San Fernando Valley communities for close to 70 years.
Many of our specialized services are provided within our Heart and Vascular Institute, one of Los Angeles County’s first STEMI designated receiving centers of heart attack victims; our Hycy and Howard Hill Neuroscience Institute, awarded the Gold Seal of Approval from The Joint Commission for a Primary Stroke Center, and the Gold Plus Achievement Award from the American Stroke Association (2010); our Women’s Pavilion, and our newly opened the Roy and Patricia Disney Family Cancer Center, a comprehensive, state-of-the-art, patient-centered, treatment facility. Our cancer center includes some of the most advanced technology in radiation oncology, highly advanced medical and surgical oncology, excellent clinical outcomes and research, and all patient support services are housed in the same building.
Providence Saint Joseph Medical Center has an exceptional orthopedic program recognized for its excellent outcomes and clinical expertise. And Providence Saint Joseph’s Bariatric Program, a leader and resource for those dealing with obesity in Southern California, received a Five-Star Rating for Bariatric Surgery, and Bariatric Surgery Center of Excellence designation from HealthGrades.
Apply on line at www.providence.org/careers Requisition # 13589