Posted on July 13, 2016 by Kelli Hines | No Comments
Do you want to join AHIP, but can’t afford the application fee? Apply now for the MLGSCA First-Time AHIP Applicant Award! The deadline is July 31, 2016.
AHIP First-Time Applicant Award
- To encourage members of the MLGSCA Chapter to apply for membership in the Academy of Health Information Professionals (AHIP).
- Participant will be reimbursed for the AHIP application fee ($200 Academy Member level or above, or $135 Provisional member level).
- Current member of MLGSCA Chapter and of MLA (National) as of AHIP application.
- First time applicant for AHIP membership at any level.
- Completed AHIP documentation and payment submitted to the Medical Library Association and AHIP membership successfully awarded.
- One award covering the application fee for AHIP membership will be available to MLGSCA members.
- AHIP membership must have been awarded within the past 12 months of the application deadline. Applications must be received by July 31, 2016.
- Submit the following via email to Kathleen Carlson (email@example.com), AHIP Chapter Credentialing Liaison. Preferably as one PDF:
- Letter of Application stating briefly why you are applying for AHIP membership and how it will assist your professional goals.
- Copy of their letter of acceptance into the Academy of Health Information Professionals.
- Proof of payment to MLA – AHIP
- Proof of MLA membership
- Proof of MLGSCA membership
- Award winners are only eligible to win the award once.
- The Awardee will be determined by a random drawing of all applications received that meet all the criteria. Each application will be numbered in order as it is received, and an Internet random number generator will be used to select the winning application.
- Applications will be acknowledged upon receipt.
- Award winner will be randomly selected (all applications will be numbered based on the order in which they are received).
- Award recipients will be acknowledged in the MLGSCA blog and at the Chapter’s Spring Meeting.